Saturday, September 10, 2016



Sunglasses do a lot more than protect your eyes from the sun.  They can certainly be a fashion statement.  It’s amazing how the right sunglasses can give you such a hip, fabulous look.  I have one question for you diva, can you rock a cat eye?  I absolutely love a nice black pair. What about a round jeweled pair of shades?  A little too daring for me, but still very cute. The most important thing is that you find a pair that is right for you.  There is a rule of thumb that states it is best to choose a pair of glasses that best suit your face shape.  (i.e. Round face, round frames, oblong shape, oblong glasses etc.)  The scale of your glasses should also match the scale of your face, small face, small glasses, bigger face can support larger frames.

The most common face shapes are round, oval, oblong, triangle, diamond and square.  I know what you’re thinking, you’ve never seen a diamond or square shaped face person.  Come on now, it’s in a general sense of the shape.  I’m not saying there are block heads out there, at least I hope not.


Personally, I think you can go with the rule of thumb or you can simply try on a pair and see how you like them.  I don’t necessarily follow the rule of thumb all the time.  I agree that some of my glasses that match my face shape are my favorites.   However, I have a few pairs that are pretty nice that don’t follow the rule at all and they look fabulous.  In my opinion, if you love the shades and you feel they look absolutely fabulous on you, then go for it.  When you go to the store or online to shop for a pair of frames, try something new different, explore, enjoy.  If you can’t choose between two pairs, buy them both – problem solved.

Follow me or comment.  I'd love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment