Friday, September 9, 2016




I was one of those ladies with one wonderful shade of lipstick.  My favorite, and only shade, was burgundy until my daughter (probably thinking, oh Lord, let me help mommy) literally forced me to try a variety of colors.  Everybody has their favorite shade of lipstick, but if you only wear one shade – you need to live a little, add some hip and sassy shades to your collection.    So, my daughter called me and said, “Mom, I’m taking you makeup shopping for your Birthday.”  I said, “Thanks honey”, just thinking it would be fun for us to spend some bonding time together.   Little did I know there was way more to it than that.  When we reached the store she said, mom choose the lipstick colors you like.  I went straight for, you guessed it, burgundy.  “That’s all I need”, I said.  My daughter said, okay mom – I’m going to help you and that is exactly what she did.

She went through the lipstick shades and chose another six colors and then we moved on to lip liners which I never wear.  So now I’m thinking, what did I get myself into?  I chose a brown and of course she chose five other shades.  After our little shopping excursion, we went home and she said you should try them on.  To my surprise, I loved every shade.  The liners definitely added a little jazz to the lipsticks and honey, before you know it, I was ready for Cosmopolitan.  Okay, maybe not cosmopolitan but I was looking ever so cute. 

Whatever lipstick color or colors you love, don’t be afraid to try new shades.  There are so many new hues.  Divas must be willing to expose themselves to new things.  Hey, it’s one of the lovely benefits of being a girl – have fun with it.  My lipstick excursion was one of my best birthdays ever, not only because my daughter and I had so much fun, but I can confidently diva up anytime, in a variety of shades.  Take a girlfriend or your daughter along and enjoy.  This is the only type of situation where it is absolutely okay to go ahead and be shady!!!


Follow me or comment – can’t wait to hear from you! 




No comments:

Post a Comment