Monday, October 31, 2016


I overheard a lady talking in Starbucks and she said she won’t wear anything but real jewelry.  “I won’t let that fake stuff touch my body”.  Her friend looked like she wanted to die.  Okay Kimora, nope I’m wrong Kimora wears costume jewelry.  Okay Kim Kardashian, Oops she wears costume jewelry too.  She must be Oprah, negative Oprah wears costume jewelry as well.  Millionaires wear costume jewelry.  Of course, it’s a preference, anyone can wear what they want.  But when you are standing in a public place denouncing costume jewelry and then you jump in a Nissan Sentra – I can’t, my latte nearly came through my nose that was too funny.

Listen fellow diva’s, I love costume jewelry.  To me, jewelry is like wearing a piece of art.  I like the basic bling, but it’s nice to see creativity, so the pieces that I tend to gravitate to tend to be unique a little different than the norm.  But I love big stones or small stones.  Pieces that make a bold statement and pieces that are famine and dainty.  Nothing is more delightful to me than to put on a black and white dress and wear a humongous ruby red ring.  That’s the wonderful thing about costume jewelry, it is fairly inexpensive so you can pretty much buy whatever you want.  I love mixing it up.  Bold necklaces next time a bold bunch of bangles – it is oh so much fun.  If you buy decent costume jewelry it will last for years.  My oldest piece of costume jewelry is a Monet broach, its 25 years old and still is just as beautiful as when I purchased it.   As far as I am concerned, you’re not completely dressed until you have accessorized.  There is so much absolutely fabulous stuff out there.  What I find is, if you are true to your fashion sense, when you pick a piece of costume jewelry, you’ll always have something to wear it with, because we tend to like certain colors etc.  What I have also noted is that if you pick something you absolutely love, you will love it 20 years later.  If you choose something fabu, it will certainly be a timeless piece – a treasure.


Of course I love gold jewelry, please believe me.  What diva doesn’t have a few trinkets honey?  But I’m rarely willing to spend that kind of money.  Besides, shopping for costume jewelry is so much fun and it can take that plain dress or pants suit and make it look like it just came off the runway for pennies on the dollar.  Okay, not exactly runway, but close enough.  People often get so caught up on status, but the smart person’s money is in their bank account, better yet invested.  They are not wearing their life savings on their finger.  Just a sip of tea for you diva.

No comments:

Post a Comment