Friday, October 21, 2016


When my dad passed away a few years ago, my world was shaken.  He was such a great man, a very generous person who dedicated his entire life to helping people live a better life.  When dad died, it was the worst pain I ever felt in my life, you can’t prepare for it.  It doesn’t matter if your parent was sick or if they died suddenly – they are still gone, and the pain is hard to manage. When my mom passed away, it was unbelievable.  I’m a rational individual.  I know people die, and I didn’t expect my parents to live forever, I would have liked them to though – but it’s okay.  I know that death is part of the cycle of life.  It is truly amazing what we can live through, we are resilient. It is true that every day gets easier, I’ve made my peace with the situation and I could just imagine how happy my parents must be, to be together again.
 

What I have come to realize, is that my parents’ live on through us.  My sisters and brothers, their children, my children and I imagine one day their children.  We talk like them, we think like them sometimes and it really gets quite funny when we begin to act like them.  Things that annoyed me to death as a child, like all my father’s sayings, I absolutely cherish and use over and over again often.  What I learned from the passing of my parents, is just how short our life cycle really is. 


We don’t have a minute to waste, but we have certainly all wasted precious time already.  Let’s agree no more wasted time, live life to the fullest starting right now.  Sometimes that may mean sitting in your most comfortable chair at home and getting your relax on.  Other times it may be getting that business started or perhaps going back to school.  Whatever “live life to the fullest” means to you right now, do it.  We have this precious opportunity to see our life through a brand new pair of lens – don’t let another minute pass you by.  Love like there is no tomorrow, make every day your best day.  So tomorrow when you wake up, it will be your best day ever.  Diva, what are you going to do?  I’d love to hear about it.  Whatever you decide to do, do it one hundred.

No comments:

Post a Comment