Friday, October 28, 2016



The commitment to exercise regularly is such a difficult one to keep.  Not because exercise isn’t important, we know that it is.  The commitment to exercise is difficult because, you do what you practice.  Like brushing your teeth, if you have done it every day of your life, you have no problem.  If you haven’t exercised regularly, that is where the challenge is.  We have to change our brain.  Pushing yourself to exercise regularly will give you an opportunity to create a new normal.  The thing is, you have to get yourself on a schedule and stick to it.

As I’m struggling with consistency in this area, I had an epiphany after speaking to my sister about this subject yesterday.  No matter how early I need to get going or how late it is when I’m getting ready for bed, I brush my teeth and wash my face.  That is the consistency I must have with fighting the battle of the bulge,” as I am committed to good health.  So this weekend, I’m going to take some time to create a nice “do or die” exercise regimen for myself that has the proper mix of cardio, weight training etc.  I saw a plan that was entitled, “Abs on fire”.  I thought to myself, don’t hurt me.  Oh lord, I’m going to feel that in the morning.  But that is okay.  Once I break down those muscles and they are built up again, it’s going to be awesome. 

This area of my life is as good as fixed – oh yeah.  Diva, sometimes we have to take a stand and ensure we do and get what we need to be healthy and happy.  I’m putting my foot down.  It’s time for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment