Tuesday, October 25, 2016


How full is your happiness tank?  We can so easily go through life with our happiness tank almost on empty.  It’s called being preoccupied with everybody and everything. You deserve to be truly happy.  So if your happiness tank is on low, what can you do to fill it up?  Well, it all depends on what makes you happy.  What I find from speaking to people is, they either don’t know exactly what will make them happy or they are depending on other people to do it.  Let’s address the latter first.  If you are depending on anyone else to make you happy, and your happiness tank is on low, clearly that is not working for you.  No one is going to be more invested in your happiness than you are.  Diva you will have to take the lead on filling up that tank.  Now don’t get me wrong, our family and friends should definitely add to our happiness or at least they should be.  If they don’t, that is a whole other conversation.  But we have to get out of the habit of depending on people to do for us, what we could and should do for ourselves.  So, back to the first point of my prior statement, there are quite a few people that don’t know what will make them happy, so let’s talk about that shall we. If you can’t rattle it off, it just means you have not given it enough thought.

Happiness is a state of mind, so what will it take to get you there.  That is the question you will have to ask yourself before you can pursue happiness.  Oh, you thought it was just going to come to you – sorry, that’s not how it works.  Like everything good in life, if you want it, some level of pursuit is necessary.  I suggest you take the time to answer the question, “What will make me happy”?  Try to see if you can add at least 10 things to the list.  Once your list is compiled put your list in priority order.  Read it over – if you have been completely honest with yourself, you are on your way.  All you have to do now, is begin to work on you.  Begin to formulate a work plan, adding objectives to your happiness goals, and start the work.  What you will find is that sometimes the sheer initiation of the work, the fact that you are working to fill your happiness tank, will begin to add happiness to your life.  This will happen because you are finally working on doing something just for you. 



Although I can’t tell you exactly what will make you happy, that’s certainly your journey – I can tell you what makes me happy.  So here is my list:
 
1.     My faith in God
2.     Seeing my children succeed
3.     Spending time with my family & friends
4.     Self- improvement – working on me
5.     Working on my career
6.     Working on my businesses
7.     Creating a peaceful environment in my home
8.     Unleashing my inner diva
9.     Relaxing beachside
10.  Progressive family meetings
11.  Eating at the Olive Garden – luv it. I’m a cheap date, what can I say.
12.  Making sound decisions, living a life with no regrets.

Go for yours diva!  Make your life as wonderful as you want it to be.  I wish you peace and happiness.



No comments:

Post a Comment