Monday, October 10, 2016



I am so looking forward to the holidays.  Why, because it’s another wonderful opportunity to spend quality time with the people I love.  Thanksgiving and Christmas are a big deal in my home.   Like the department stores, I plan for these holidays way too early.  Unlike the department stores, the holidays are not a commercial event to me.  We actually give thanks for our friends, family and our life in general.  Christmas is very special to me because of my religious beliefs and it’s always lots of fun to cook with my girls and enjoy the evening with the fam.  I’m dreaming of a white Christmas sounds good in theory but actuality is another story.  Skip me with the snow and ice, being cold is enough – thank you. 

While I have my thoughts on the holiday season, I do realize though, that there are many people who have lost family members around the holidays and for them, this time of year could be extremely stressful.  There are elderly folks who seems to be forgotten and in general some people can’t afford the expense of gifts and the holiday turkey dinner, etc. 

Let’s remember these people, keeping them in our prayers this holiday season.  Let’s remember the reason for the season and share what we have with others.   Visiting the hospital, an elderly home or simply sending over a plate of food for an elderly neighbor, is sure to warm someone’s heart and put a smile on their face. 


One of the best lessons we can teach our children this holiday season is, there is more to life than getting everything they want for Christmas.  Dropping off gifts to children in homeless shelters or the cancer center is an experience your children will never forget.  It’s all about the memories so make wonderful memories this year, plan early and do some good in the world diva.  Don’t let the opportunity to make a difference pass you by this holiday season.



No comments:

Post a Comment