Sunday, November 6, 2016


Some people think they need to be around friends and family all the time.  If they are alone for a minute, their board.  It’s like currency, everybody needs it and when you get it, you have to spend it wisely.  You could do something as simple as cleaning and organizing your closet or as elaborate as spending the whole day eating out, shopping, and reading in the park.  Whether you have 2 hours or 24, it is time well deserved and it’s all yours – enjoy it.  The word “board” should never be part of the equation.  

I spent some alone time, cleaning out and color coordinating my closet.  I put some music on and got to it.  The next time I had to go out and I went in my closet to find an outfit.  Oh, I threw my hands up in the air and said, “Yes – fabulous darling.”  It’s the small things in life sometimes that are just wonderful.  I can only think of a few things better than a neat closet where you can find everything nice and easy.  Since I’m on a health kick and I’m losing weight, every few weeks I have to revisit my closet, look for clothes that no longer fit and, get rid of them f-o-r-e-v-e-r!

And then there is my fav store Home Goods, let me add they are not all created equal but I found an excellent one on route 73 S in South Jersey, and it’s the only one I shop at.  Queen Diva Extraordinaire manages this one, and she deserves a raise. It’s neat, well organized and let’s say you’ll want one of each item in the store.  Why go to bloomi's if you can find it at Home Goods for a fraction of the cost – I’m just saying.  Sometimes shopping is best done alone.  Diva, just a note, don’t take children with you on this excursion.  You will either bore them to death or they will insist on getting their room redecorated. You lose either way.  I’ve seen babies screaming their little heads off and young teens with arms crossed pissed because they can’t get the room decor they are arguing about.  I shake my head and think, “No, no, no diva – this is not the way to spend your alone time”.  Reason being, you’re not alone and you’re annoyed.  A few weeks ago, there was a woman ahead of me who turned around and admired something I had in my cart.  I looked in her cart and saw her crying 2 year old.  The woman said, I thought this was going to be a quiet, fun, alone  time, I was wrong.”  I told her, “Next time…shop alone and it will be.” We both laughed as she rushed out the store.

Whatever you decide to do, plan it and enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment